Reader question from Domm:
I just got this too but how do you add radio stations to the list?
It won’t let me add typical URLs
I just came back from New Orleans, so I’ll test this on the wonderful WWOZ station.
WWOZ programming is most heavily weighted toward contemporary jazz and rhythm & blues, with other programming including traditional jazz, blues, Cajun music, zydeco, old time and country music, bluegrass, Gospel, Celtic music and World music.
The station is non-profit and specializes in music local to New Orleans. Cool. Let’s add it to Radio Tray!
To do this, I went to the station website to look for a stream. Look for the “Listen Now” section on the upper right. There are a few quality and format options available. I chose 128k mp3. Right click on the link, and copy the URL. Here is the URL for the NOLA 128k mp3 stream.
- Right click on Radio Tray and select “Configure radios…”
- Click “Add”
- Paste the URL into the URL box, and give the stream a name that you will recognize.
- Listen & Enjoy!
Note about radio streams: some stations may not have open streams available. Here is what Radio Tray says on this:
- supports PLS playlist format (Shoutcast/Icecast)
- supports M3U playlist format
- supports ASX, WAX and WVX playlist format