Posted by & filed under Uncategorized.

I tried a few ways of scrobbling my ipod play counts, before finding amarok. At first, I used Rockbox, which created a log I could upload to a site that would scrobble the tracks to my account. I switched back to mostly using the Apple Firmware for various reasons, but had trouble scrobbling my played tracks in Linux. At first I tried the official player, which has this feature for windows, with no luck in ubuntu. Then I gave my shot at a script which worked usually, but took a little effort and configuring, and even then I had about a 50% success rate. Finally, the other day I sync’d my ipod with amarok. I noticed it said ‘several tracks were submitted to’ I checked my page and there were all my tracks! Somehow amarok bypassed the ‘spam protection’ in ubuntu and submitted tracks before the last ones i played. They were all there!